Sunday, June 5, 2011

155 and 156/365 camping fun

I didn't have the best internet access nor did I want to broadcast to the work that we weren't home.  So no post yesterday.  We went camping with my mom.  My mom has a camper that she keeps year round at a camp ground in Southern, Illinois.  The camp ground is open April-end of October.   They have a pool, a pond for fishing, a nice playground, a pavilion that they have events almost every weekend, and nice bathrooms/showers.  We try to go a few times each summer.  We always have a blast.  We swim, go for walks, cook out, have camp fires, and sometimes for to the drive in movie theater near by.  My daughter is very close to my mother.  She doesn't call her Grandma Cindy.  She calls her Paw-Paw.  It started when my daughter was young and just stuck.  Until very recently she didn't realize Paw-Paw was also her Grandma.  Now she calls her Grandma Paw-Paw.  It is super cute.  We usually camp with my mom and younger siblings (Logan almost 13 and Gracie 11).  Sometimes my one day sister in law brings my nieces.  Sometimes my little brother, his fiance, and two daughters come camping too.  My Uncle Glen has the camper next to my mom.  So it is all about family time.  My mom has been camping there for about 6 years.  I took Gabrielle for the first time over 4th of July in 2005.  We've been every summer expect once since that first time.  We love it.  Here's some pictures.
Watching the campfire waiting for the pool to open.

We were waiting for breakfast to be cooked.  Gabrielle was being silly trying on Logan's goggles. 
She was wiped out.  She didn't sleep good Friday night.  She swam for over 3 hours.  Plus it was very hot.  She got cranky so she took over a 2 and 1/2 nap. 
Rain delay.  We left early today due to rain.  Gracie and Gabrielle played DS games together.  Gabrielle cried for the longest time after we left.  And she cried again this evening because she misses Paw-Paw and it will be over a month before we get to see her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment