Saturday, April 2, 2011

92/365 How grocery shopping plays into my marriage

Marriage is about compromises.  Learning each other's strengths and weakness.  It is about helping each with their weaknesses and making them stronger.  My husband can't grocery shop.  He will not be upset by me saying that.  Before we were together he didn't shop at all.  He ate out every meal.  So it was an adjustment for him to go grocery shopping.  We use to do it together.  We have learned this just doesn't work.  He hates grocery shopping.  Don't get me wrong it's not my favorite thing to do.  I would much rather be shopping for gabrielle, clothes, shoes, or purses.  But he really hates it.  We have learned it is better for me to do it on my own.  Being married is all about figuring out what works and what doesn't work.  I hate mowing or taking out the trash.  He hates cleaning the bathroom.  You help each other.  You do what the other hates.  When one is sick you pick up and do more.  It's a balancing act.  You find out what annoys each other (ie grocery shopping, leaving socks everywhere, popping knuckles) and you work on accepting those quirks and improving your own quirks.  Marriage really is a give and take.  It's work.  And it is worth it. For the rest of my life I get to be with my BFF, my true love, my better half.  So if I have to grocery shop on my own it's worth it.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment