Tuesday, April 5, 2011

95/365 friendships challenge

I have 3 BFF that I have known since jr high and high school.  It gets so easy to be lazy and stay in touch with texts or e-mails or fb updates.  I have a boy best friend.  We have known each other since 7th grade, but we became best friends in high school.  He recently did this radically thing.  He deleted his facebook account. I know shocking! He said he was realizing that he was being less in touch with his friends.  He would meet them for dinner and have nothing to talk about because they read it all on each other's facebook pages.  So he took a month off.  He realized he didn't miss, so he deleted it! I am still in shock, but with him doing that it made me realize I do the same thing.  Instead of picking up the phone or dare I say it actually meeting up with friends, I would facebook message them or text.  I'm trying to get better.  So in the last week I had an almost 2 hour talk with him.  Then I called a girl best friend and caught up.  My other girl best friend from high school and I set a time and we are going to have a phone chat.  I did this because all three of them live out of town or state.  I made conscious efforts to invite my local good friends out to lunch or a drink.  Some are still stuck in the facebook on-line world and don't want to go to lunch or do anything.  But I am making an effort.  So I dare you to pick up the phone and actually call someone you haven't in a long time.  Get reconnected.  Hear their voice.  See them in person.  It will make your day so much brighter.  And I am speaking from experience on this one!
Gabrielle's friendship bracelet is my picture of the day.  I remember making and giving friendship bracelets.  Now I'm trying to reach out and make calls instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment