Tuesday, March 8, 2011

67/365 prayer and butterflies

"Butterflies are huge with me. I think it all started at church camp when someone told me that every time you see a butterfly it means someone is praying for you.  That touched me. So when I had gabrielle, I did her room in butterflies. That way she would be surrounded in prayers. She got to pick out the bedding for her soon to come big girl bed and she picked purple butterflies....that's my girl. When we were in Mexico we went on our tour and saw a very old cemetery. Our tour guide told us that there is a legend about Monarch Butterflies. It is believed that they are the souls of the warriors who are bringing messages back to the gods. I thought that was amazing. I saw so many butterflies in Mexico. I knew it was God's way of letting me know that gabrielle was alright" This is actually a blog I posted on myspace (remember the days of myspace?) on 9/25/07 right after our honeymoon in Mexico.  
Butterflies are still important to me.  The pictures in this blog are from different things in gabrielle's room.  She still loves butterflies, but she's added monkeys to the mix.  Her room is butterfly/monkey covered.  I still like to believe when you see a butterfly, it means someone is praying for you.  I am so blessed to have to so many people praying for me and what is going on in my life right now.  It amazes me how much people care.  I know God answers prayers in His time.  Sometimes the answer isn't what we want it to be.  Often it is not as quick as we want it to be, but it is all part of His plan.  For now I just keep praying.  And if I ever need to see butterflies to be reassured that others are praying too I can just go to gabrielle's room.  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you.... Totally made my day to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer came up a lot today. It just felt right to write about. I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete