Tuesday, March 1, 2011

60/365 family devotions

I bought this family devotional about 2 years ago.  We have done most of them.  Gabrielle decided she wanted to start it again.  So we are doing one devotional a night as a family.  I love this devotional because it draws everybody in by the questions it asks and the fun activities that goes with each one.  Plus who doesn't love the Veggie Tales?  I read the devotional and get everything ready while Mike is at work and gabrielle is at school.  Then after dinner, we do one.  I can just feel us growing closer to God and to each other. 
On a side note, I'm really struggling with people who aren't Christians but are judging me.  People who think Christians are suppose to be a perfect example of what Jesus was like when he was here on earth.  I'm human.  I have made mistakes.  I'm working on becoming a better me and a stronger Christian.  It's hard when there are people out there that bring out all the worse parts of me.  I have to pray harder to not let those people effect me like that.  I need to keep practicing "pray for your enemy" and "turn your other cheek".  It's hard forgiving someone who keeps doing the same mean things to you over and over.  I just try to remember the passage in the Bible where a person asks God how many times are you suppose to forgive someone who sins against you.  And Jesus said the law says 7 times but I say 7times7 times.  I have to keep forgiving.  It's hard but I'm working on it.  And I have to pray that God uses me to show his love to that person.  I also have to pray that I will not sink to the level of being mean back to that person.  I will turn my other cheek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment