Wednesday, March 2, 2011

61/365 prayer

This is my beat up Bible, my go to Bible.  I was given this for Christmas 1994 from my mom.  I no longer take it out of the house because it is falling apart but it is my reference Bible.  The Bible that I study.  I feel right now that I'm going through spiritual war fare.  I feel under attack.  I feel Satan tempting me.  I'm trying to do the right thing.  I'm trying to sink myself and my family into the Bible and into prayer.  Today I focused on my prayer books and Matthew.  I felt that was where God was leading me.  My Beth Moore prayer book hit the nail on the head today.  Here's her pray entry for today: "You're teaching me that pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those that take advice (Proverbs 13:10). Help me to discern the pride that is involved when I am quarrelsome.  Father, You've said that to fear the Lord is to hate evil.  You hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior, and perverse speech (Proverbs 8:13).  Help me to have a healthy fear of You that abolishes pride and arrogance."  That is my prayer today.  That I set aside any pride or arrogance that I have.  I also pray that I can continue to "But I tell you to love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you." (Matthew 5:44) and "If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. "(Matthew 5:39) I pray today for the strength to rid myself of any pride and arrogance.  I pray that I turn my other cheek.  I pray that I can learn to not only pray for my enemies but also love them, because God loves them too. 

1 comment: