Wednesday, February 23, 2011

54/365 Time

This is the clock that we work with Gabrielle to teach her how to tell the time.  While working with her tonight, I started thinking about time.  How slow it can move and how fast it can move. I had two MRIs tonight back to back.  It felt like those forty minutes lasted hours.  Reading with my daughter the time flies by.  I always find it strange how fast time moves when you are enjoying what you are doing.  And on the opposite side, how slowly it moves when you are doing something you can't stand (like dishes:)) 

My other thought of time was we never know how much time we have left on earth.  I could die of a heart attack right this second (that would have been creepy if that happened) or I can live for 60 more years.  Today 8 years ago a classmate of mine died in a car crash on his 23rd birthday.  He would have been 31 today.  It's crazy to think that 8 years have passed.  He is not forgotten and will always be in the hearts of his family and friends.  I have lost a lot of class mates at early ages.  Some I was closer to than others but they all died before they were 30 some before they were 18.  It makes me have a different take on life.  I appreciate every second I have.  I am thankful for the time that God has given me.  And I try to live every day as if it were my last. (That's why my laundry is piled up. Who wants to do laundry on their last day?) I just pray that God lets me see Gabrielle grow up.  That's my hope.  I know when I leave this earth I'm going to Heaven to reconnect with all those classmates, family, and loved ones.  Like the Kenny Chesney song, "Everybody wants to go to Heaven, no one wants to go right now":) So go out there and enjoy the time you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment