Monday, February 21, 2011

52/365 prayer list

I often tell people I will pray for you.  Then I find when it is time to pray I can't remember everyone.  I usually include in my prayers, "God please help my friends and family with whatever they need help with." I know it's pretty generic.  So I started using an app on my phone.  I have written everyone on there and what I am praying for them.  I see someone on facebook ask for prayers.  I put it on my list.  If I talk to someone and they are struggling with something I put it on my list.  It helps when it comes time to do my daily prayers.  I also pray for anyone I'm struggling with...whether it is a misunderstanding or we just don't like each other.  I pray for my foes.  I pray for my family, friends, small group, church, pastor, the list goes on and on.  My foes are the hardest.  I don't want to pray for them at times.  Some times I just pray that God bless them.  Or I pray that I can see the situation from their side and they can see my side of the situation.  I pray daily for any ill thoughts I've had about them.  I pray that I do better with showing them God's love.  Matthew 5:44 "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those that persecute you."  I find the prayer list works wonderful.  The picture of the day is a blank pray list.  I hope this blog encourages you to keep your own prayer list and to pray for your enemies.

2 comments:

  1. Do you use the "notes" or is there really "an app for that"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use notes. If there is an actual app, I haven't found it.

    ReplyDelete