Tuesday, January 25, 2011

at a cross road

I'm at this interesting place in life.  I'm truly at a cross road for career choices.  I would love to just stay home and be here for Gabrielle.  Be with her every day before and after school.  Help out almost daily at her school.  Spend her days off of school with her not sending her off to daycare.  I know for some this next statement will upset you, but remember it's not about you.  I would love to be a 50s housewife.  I would love to stay home, take care of the home, and be with my daughter.  In this day and age, it's not really possible.  We have some debt some is our fault, some is not.  If it weren't for that, we would be able to just let me be home with gabrielle.  As I apply for jobs and consider another great offer, I have to weigh the pros and cons.  I have to consider the time away from gabrielle.  She is priority number one.  My first dream would to stay home.  My second dream would be find a job only during the hours she is at school.  My third dream would be to win the lottery, but we don't play so I guess we can't win it.

A friend shared this passage: Jeremiah 29:11-13. "For I know the pans I have for you,"" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."  Perfect for me right now!  I truly believe God uses people to speak to us through His words.  I know God had her share that with me.  I needed to be reminded of this.  My picture of the day is my beautiful daughter at bedtime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment