Friday, January 21, 2011

angels in our lifes (day 21)

This is a cute angel ornament I got from my mother for Christmas.  We are finally taking down the Christmas decorations.  We kept them up for a belated Christmas celebration.  Now it is that not so fun time of the year where we have to put them all away.  Looking at each ornament/decoration makes me remember the different stories we have about them.  I will spare you that blog for today.  I love this angel with gabrielle's name because she is my angel.  I was in a really dark, sad, lost place when I found out I was pregnant with her.  She gave me hope and purpose.  Because of her I reconnected with God, she literally saved my life and soul. All of which is too deep to tell her at the age of 6, so I do something unique.  I have letters I write to her.  I wrote the first one a week before she was born and the last one was written today.  My hope is that when she is older, I will give her these letters.  They will be glimpses of our lives at those moments in time.  They will tell her the things I can't tell her because she is too young to understand it all.  For example, I wrote a letter explaining why I was leaving her dad and why it was for the best.  I wrote a letter about how sad yet proud I was on her first day of school.  Worst case scenario I am not around to give these to her, then she will get a gift of my words after my passing.   She truly is my angel.  I see her as a true gift from God. 

1 comment: