Sunday, January 16, 2011

day 16 Friends Forever

I had an amazing weekend with two amazing women. My two female best friends came up to celebrate Christmas a little late.  I met one in seventh grade,  when I became the girlfriend to her boyfriend.  I honestly didn't know.  And we both dumped him and a year later became friends.  The other I met my sophomore year of high school in my Spanish class.  She had just moved to town.  I thought she was a snob.  I have never been so wrong about someone in my life.  These women (Amber and Liz) have been by my side through every imaginable high and incredible low that life has thrown at me.  And I pray they can say the same to me.  It is insane to think that I have been friends with them for over 15 years.  For 1/2 my life, they have been a major part of it.  I am insanely lucky to have them as friends.  They came into town and cheered me up.  Nothing like positive reinforcement from those who know you best to make you feel better.  I needed this weekend.  And I am so thankful for them.  
 I took this picture because what picture would better describe true friendship than this picture.  My beautiful baby and our lovable dog!  I pray that as Gabrielle grows up that she finds strong, positive female friends to grow up with.  Just like I have been lucky enough to. 

2 comments: