Thursday, April 21, 2011

111/365 Christian parents must check this out

I was volunteering at church this even.  I help with the child care during the care groups.  I saw this and had to share.
The picture didn't turn out the best but these glass containers are filled with glass beads representing time. The paper in between the containers says: Towers of Hours
The large tower (on the left): 5,110 hours a year that parents are responsible for the child's spiritual development.
The small tower: 78 hours a year that Eastview (my church) is responsible for the child's spiritual development.
This really made me think.  Too often parents rely on the church to spiritual develop their children.  You have to do it at home.  Just like school learning needs to continue at home for the child to really get it.  We as parents need to continue the spiritual learning at home.  Look at those towers.  I take it very serious.  I hope you do too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment