Sunday, March 20, 2011

79/365 everyone has a story

My picture of the day is a picture of the book I'm reading.  The title of the book also has to do with my blog today.  I had an amazing opportunity to listen to Jami Kaeb speak at Mom2Mom on Wednesday.  Her main focus was Everyone Has a Story.  She talked about each person we meet has their own story.  Instead of judging and hurrying through take time to show some compassion because you don't know what their story is.  You don't know where their journey has taken them.  Have mercy.  It hit home with me.  I think my biggest struggle is judging without having the background information.  I jump to conclusions.  I don't mean to.  I assume if you are being mean then you're a jerk.  I never stop to think you are having a bad day.  I'm a work in progress.  I'm working harder to show God's mercy and love. I'm working harder not to jump to judge.  It's not my place.  It's God's place.  God will judge us all.  I need to leaving the judging to Him.

PS Jami has a blog.  I'm following it.  If you want to check out her blog look on my profile page and find her under who I follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment