Tuesday, March 15, 2011

74/365 beauty in the rumble

My picture of the day was taken at the church that my daughter has Daisy Scouts at. The church is making crosses out of corn stalks. They are simple yet beautiful. I had a meeting with my pastor last week. He told me that I need to pray for the ability to find peace and beauty in the simplest of things. He knows my struggles. He knows that I'm feeling like Job. But he also knows that I need to find beauty in the rumble. I have so many negative things happening that I focus on. I need to stop it. I need to stop and smell the roses. I need to include more praise in my prayers. I need to find the beauty of the things around me like of a simple cross made out of corn stalk.

2 comments:

  1. ohhhhh... I've made crosses out of our palms from Palm Sunday. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't I thought this is so cute. Her Daisy Troop doesn't meet in our church. I thought this was cute.

    ReplyDelete