Wednesday, February 16, 2011

47/365 forgiveness

Forgiveness is a hard one.  I have always struggled forgiving people.  I mean completely forgiving them and not holding a grudge.  It's hard.  Yet Jesus died for us to be forgiven.  So why can't I do it? Because I'm human.  There are a few people in my life that I need to forgive and let go.  As my pastor once told me, "Forgiving someone doesn't mean you have to have them over for Sunday brunch.  It means you let go."  I struggle with forgiving people who have never apologized for their actions.  My pastor said don't wait for the apology, it will never come.  This week I'm reaching out to all but one and letting them know that I forgive them. and I'm sorry for any wrong doing I did.  I forgive the other too but I'm can't speak to that person.  That person is the one I pray for daily but I can't pick up the phone and tell them that I forgive them and that I don't hold a grudge.  There is a quote that I love.  "One minute you let someone stay in your head is one minute too long."  " When you hate, the only person who suffers is you.  Because those you hate probably don't know and those who do, don't care." Medgar Evers  So if you are out there reading this, I don't hate you.  I forgive you for everything.  I'm moving on with not hating you and holding no grudges. 

(PS The picture is a cross Gabrielle made in preschool.)

No comments:

Post a Comment