Sunday, September 6, 2009

Marriage

"Marriage is a lifetime commitment to unconditionally loving an imperfect person."

I am obsessed with Moody radio. It is a Christian station that has sermons. I caught one the other day on marriage. The above quote was on there. I love quotes and especially this one. Through out pre-marriage counseling, we discussed what to do when the honeymoon phase is over. How it is about the marriage not the wedding. Let's be honest, there are days that marriage isn't fun. You are fighting with your partner about stupid things like laundry and dishes or important things like family or money. And there may be moments where you (let's be honest) look at your spouse and think I don't like you, but I do love you. I hear all the time about someone who doesn't like their spouses or how they have nothing in common or how they are just staying married for the kids or companionship. That is truly sad. I am crazy about my hubby. I like him 95%, the other 5% he can annoy me but I still love him. We have tons in common but enough different interests to make life fun. And I think it is insane to stay with someone just because of the kids or companionship. I take marriage serious. The above quote says it all. You walked down that aisle and made a commitment to God and your spouse to love them no matter what for all your life. In my wedding vows I told Mike I couldn't promise all rainbows and butterflies, but I could promise that no matter what life threw at the 3 of us we would get through it due to our faith in God. I believe the marriages that fail are the ones that both parties do not have God in the center of the life and their marriage.

I believe that with God as the center of your marriage and your life, your marriage will thrive. I also believe that if you chose to get married you should take that commitment serious and not give up because you don't like your spouse or have different interests. Every day will not be rainbows and butterflies but everyday will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment