Wednesday, October 19, 2011

292 Notes Left Behind

I am only 40 pages in this book and it has already impacted me.  This is a true story of a mother and father who lost a young daughter to cancer.  This is their journal during the time she got diagnosed to the end and beyond.  Their sweet daughter left notes hidden around the house that they found after she died.  I am tearing up writing this.  They wrote the book to tell their daughter's story and to remind people to treasure the time they have with their loved ones.  I don't need a book to remind me.  I have known too many people taken too young in their life.  I have had near death experiences.  I feel blessed everyday that God chooses to give me another day with my husband and daughter.  I try to make everyday count.  I know some days I get lazy and don't do much.  We all need those days every now and then.  But I am not one to take for granted my time with my loved ones.  Everyday I thank God for the many blessings He has given me.  I believe this book is going to be very moving.  I am sure I will be in tears by the end.  I guess the point of the blog is to remind YOU to take the time to love on your children, to play what they want to play, to really listen to them, to cherish them.  Before you know it, they will think you are uncool and not want to hang out with you or your or their time could be up.  So cherish them.  Love on them.  Don't take them for granted.  Just my two cents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment