Thursday, June 23, 2011

174/365 my true love

I had my doubts that I would ever find my true love.  There's that saying "you have to kiss a lot of toads to find your prince." I was convinced I would never find my prince.  I knew from our first date that something was different.  I felt so at ease on that date.  I was nervous going into the date but once I saw him again after all those years something changed instantly.  I kept fighting it early on.  I didn't want to say anything.  I was afraid.  I had thought I found my prince before and spent my college years with him.  My heart was so broken when that fell apart.  But it wasn't meant to be.  Looking back hind sight is 20/20.  We were NOT meant to be.  If that relationship never would have broken, then I wouldn't have moved on to Gabrielle's dad.  That means there would be no Gabrielle.  I can't even imagine a life without Gabrielle.  She is my life.  Also without Gabrielle I would not have stayed in Bloomington-Normal meaning no Mike. Mike is my soulmate.  I know he hates Rascal Flats but I love their song "God bless the broken road that lead me to you".  (Okay I know that's not the name but it's close.) That song sings to me about the broken path I had leading to Mike.  I can now appreciate the heartbreaks I endured because it all lead me to this life with Mike and Gabrielle.  I am blessed to have Mike as my soulmate.  He is my other half.  Everyday I feel lucky to have find as my husband.  I know this was God's plan.  In my daily prayer's I thank God for my family who are my heart and world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment