Tuesday, June 21, 2011

172/365 fun times

The weather hasn't cooperated with us this week.  We bought a small kiddie pool for the backyard. Plus we cleaned off all of Gabrielle's toys. That way she could play outside when I was super busy with the baby.  She has been stuck inside with small breaks outside.  She is bored with her toys.  (You know all those toys you spend tons of money on for birthdays and Christmas for, yeah they are sitting there untouched.  Don't get me started on Zhu-Zhu pets.)  The other night she asked if she could play with her green computer.  I knew we had given it away last year when a friend with 3 small girls lost everything in a house fire.  She forgot.  I did the parent thing and said I am not sure where it is.  She went in my room under the tv and said this is where we keep it.  She forgot it wasn't there because she found her Vtech smile.  This girl NEVER played it.  It was a hand me down from my youngest brother and sister.  She got it when she was 3 and got frustrated at it.  She wasn't old enough to have patience with it or understand some of the games.  We put it up.  Since then we have gotten a Wii which she enjoys from time to time.  But she has never tried this Vsmile (or whatever it is called) ever again.  She decided she wanted to play it.  She's been playing it ever since.  What is really neat is that it is learning games.  It is math and spelling.  So we are working in educational and play time together which is the best way to learn.  This is my picture of the day, a very preoccupied Gabrielle beating yet another game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment