Tuesday, May 24, 2011

144/365 worthy?

I know the picture of dirt seems yucky, but hear me out on this one.  This Sunday our pastor gave an amazing sermon.  He has a gift for making you feel like every sermon was written just for you.  The main verse was Acts 11:9 "The voice spoke from heaven a second time, 'Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."  Our pastor did an amazing job talking about how we feel so unworthy and unclean but God has made us clean through the blood of His son.  Sometimes it's hard to remember that I am washed clean.  I remember all those mistakes, wrong turns, and sins I have committed.  I know what sins I still struggle with.  But God doesn't see all that.  As soon as I asked for forgiveness, He removed my sins as far as the east is from the west.  What an incredible thought?!?! So when I have those days where I feel unclean and like dirt, I need to remember God made me clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment