Saturday, April 23, 2011

113/365 Arran Ragon

We were walking into our church for prayer time.  In a small tree, Mike notice a yellow balloon with a note.  He thought it might be one of those balloons that schools send out and try to get people from other towns to contact them.  I pulled down the balloon with Mike's help.  It was a balloon remembering Arran Ragon who died on March 1,2007.  My best guess is they sent off the balloons on the anniversary of his death March 1st.  The balloon traveled all the way from Perry, MO, which I'm not sure exactly how far but that's still far to make it that long and over that time frame.  To find the balloon on our way into our church to pray was surely God's doing.  We prayed for his family.  His mom left her address and e-mail address. I sent her an e-mail letting her know how we found the balloon and that his family/friends are in our prayers.  I looked him up on-line.  He died in a car accident at the age of 21.  I have lost a ridiculous amount of friends in car accidents and way too early in life.  So it really hit home.  So please pray for Arran's family.
Update: His mom released the balloon on the 21st of April.  So it didn't take long to get us.  She released it a bereaved parents meeting.  Keep her and the entire family in your prayers.  

3 comments:

  1. I copied the e-mail below of what his mother wrote me. I'm literally in tears. It's amazing how God works.
    Thank you so much, It is hard for me to tell you how much your finding our sons balloon means to us. We have released a lot of them in the last 4 years and this is the first one that has been found. Thank you for your prayers also.Before we moved to Mo.,we lived across the river from Peoria in Creve Couer, not so far from you.You have blessed us this Easter. Thank you again. Kaye Ragon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really means alot to know that his name is still out there. Not only was Arran a wonderful son, he was an amazing uncle. In June 2010, Arran became a geat-uncle at the age of twenty-four. My son will never know in real life how amazing Arran was, but through people like you, he will start to understand the broader picture of God's plan. in saying this my so can not miss what he did not know, but he does know how mommy is so sad, and misses her Uncle Arran sooo much. We are so blessed to have people like you in our lives. It reassures us that Arran lives on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had gotten to meet him. It was a miracle we found that balloon. we keep his whole family and friends in our prayers. Your son has an amazing guardian angel!

    ReplyDelete