Saturday, April 16, 2011

106/365 living life to the fullest

You never know when your clock will stop ticking.  Today is the 2nd anniversary of Barry's death.  Barry went to high  school with me and was one of my brother's best friends.  He left behind a 8 month pregnant wife.  (She and her son are doing well.) So today I'm thinking about death.  I can't believe how many people I've known who has died before they were 30 some before they were 20.  Life is short.  Even the people I've known to live 80 years feel like it flew by.  I think we get so wrapped up in unimportant things and don't focus on the important stuff.  My goal is do to the opposite.  I'm striving to focus on the important stuff.  I'm working on creating a bucket list.  Don't save your bucket list.  Do it now and start working off it.  The laundry will be there tomorrow.  Let the facebook be alone for a few days.  Get out there and spend time with your loved ones.  Try something new.  You don't know if you have 50 years left or one hour.  Life is crazy like that.  I have faith that God has a plan.  That plan makes no sense to me but that's because I don't know the whole plan.  Some days I hate not knowing all the plan.  I just know that I have to treasure the time I have because any second it could be all over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment