Wednesday, February 9, 2011

day 40 my wonderful church

I'm going to use this day as a time to brag on my church.  I love my church.  I remember growing up going to a church with the membership just over 150.  So the first time I came to this church I was so overwhelmed.  I thought I made a big mistake.  How could a place this big make me closer to God?  Then I joined a single mom's small group. Then I met with Mike Baker about officiating my wedding.   I went marriage counseling.  I got married there.  I baptized my husband.  I joined a small group. I taught kidsview.  I volunteer in the food pantry.  I became connected to the church and the other members.  I reconnected with God.  And I'm raising my daughter to know God at this church.  This church is a community, an amazing, giving community. I love every bit of it.  This is one of the signs in the kids' area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment