Saturday, January 8, 2011

love dare

This has been the hardest yet most fulfilling workbook I have ever done.  We have started this three times and stopped.  We have had to pray and come back to it.  We are determined to finish it as a couple.  I am sure you all heard of that movie Fireproof.  This is the marriage workbook that was inspired by the book.  It is hard.  It hits every baggage that you may have brought into the relationship, which is a lot.  I came into my marriage as a bitter single mom.  I came in having been neglected and cheated on.  I came from a broken home where my dad left my mom for her best friend.  Plus my dad was abusive to my mom and my step-mom.  I came from a high school abusive relationship.  I came from lots of messed up stuff.  Each of those events left baggage and scars that effect my marriage.  This book rips the bandage off those wounds and helps you deal with them in a positive matter.  I hate this book, yet love it.  I recommend it to all married couples.  I think it is best for not newlyweds.  I know I have only been married for a little over 3 years, but I still think newlyweds aren't meant for this book.  This book also goes into every nook and cranny of your marriage and how to make it better.  Even if your marriage is perfect and you both came into it with no baggage, this book will make your marriage better.  I even want to revisit this book in years to come to be reminded of any of the lessons I might forget.  I hope I remember each one.  I thank God for the authors and for my husband for willing to take part in The Love Dare.  Eight more lessons and we are done.  Look for a finishing thought blog on it coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment