Monday, August 16, 2010

I will praise you through this storm

I am going through a heck of a storm right now. And I need to remember to still praise God. There is a reason for everything. So here is a list of things I am thanking God for. This is in no order. And this is not everything I am thankful for just a few things I can think of right now.
I am thankful for....
-His forgiveness/my salvation
-my daughter/her health and safety and happiness
-my hubby/his health/love and support
-my family and inlaws, their health/support/love
-my church
-my job and mike's job-with so many losing jobs, we are so lucky to have ours
-my sanity, even though I felt like I was losing it today:)
-Dallas and pumpkin (I know they are just animals but they are my family)
-my friends, I have the best and most supportive friends ever
-Even though I thought I never wanted kids, God gave me gabrielle. I can't imagine my life without her.
-Terrence, despite everything, there would be no gabrielle without him.
-My self control to have not made the situation any worse than I did.
-My mom's honesty, I have and I am hoping gabrielle has it too
-Mike loves gabrielle as if he made her with me
-Mike supports me even when I mess up
-we are back to do okay money wise
-God never gives up on me
-chocolate and pepsi....I would be lost without them
-internet, can't imagine life without it
-my home, so many are homeless, and even though I don't have a mansion, I am not on the streets
-unanswered prayers
-God knows the answers
-I will get through this storm with His help
-food-I help with the food pantry and I know how lucky I am

I could go on and on but these are just some that come to my mind at 10:40 at night.

2 comments:

  1. Amen! It's hard to see through storm sometimes to what we do have. I'm so thankful for you and gabrielle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reminded of that quote "Don't wait for the storm to pass -- learn to dance in the rain."

    you're strong, georgette. and you have your priorities straight, and you have so much love surrounding you. I'm glad you made the list of things to be thankful for. we should all do that from time to time. olive juice.

    ReplyDelete